Skaff Premium for å skjule alle annonser
30.05.2011 - 20:26
I think that if you surrender, you should only get a quarter of your sp. Nowadays, people always surrender than fight to the bitter end because they will get the same amount of sp either way and they think if they surrender they dont completely lose because their capital wasn't taken. I think that if you fight to the bitter end and lose, you get half of your sp, and if you surrender, you only get a quarter of your sp while the winning opponents get the next three quarters. Thank you for your consideration.
Laster...
Laster...
30.05.2011 - 20:58
I never surrender, as it make my W/L ratio bad, and I think half is fine.
Laster...
Laster...
30.05.2011 - 21:58
Thats because you dont constantly lose or get close to losing like others do (including myself) i myself am tempted to surrender if I get close to losing. This would be nice to break my, and ohers habits of surrendering. I have been trying to ostop this habit with surprising success, but this will help me.
Laster...
Laster...
30.05.2011 - 22:02
Sorry, my brother and I both have profiles on AW and I accidently commented on his profile since we have to share the same computer.
Laster...
Laster...
30.05.2011 - 23:14
Skrevet av killer2, 30.05.2011 at 21:58

Thats because you dont constantly lose or get close to losing like others do (including myself) i myself am tempted to surrender if I get close to losing. This would be nice to break my, and ohers habits of surrendering. I have been trying to ostop this habit with surprising success, but this will help me.

Then just leave instead of surrendering
Laster...
Laster...
30.05.2011 - 23:32
I think they should have a W/L/S on your player page rather than just W/L gives a better ratio i think of true winning and losing. some people just surrender cause they have something come up or need to do something.
----
Why fight the body when you can dominate the mind that rules it?
Laster...
Laster...
31.05.2011 - 00:08
Stupid idea, seems like you have too much time to fight to the bitter end though I can recall that by my side your end is easy and not bitter.
And no, they don't get the same amount of sp, if you fight more you get more sp.
Laster...
Laster...
31.05.2011 - 00:40
I personally take people, who leave, as cowards. C O W A R D S.

I mean that the moment, you began to loose, you cowardly leave, not only you afraid of counter measures, even if they are useless, but also you leave your opponent without his, well earned SP, and also You so afraid of "You Lost" message, that you even choose to loose half of your earned SP willingly.

So in conclusion, for me people, who leaves the fight are cowards, and I don't expect them to act as gentlemans in the future.
----
Very vicious moderator
Laster...
Laster...
31.05.2011 - 02:16
Skrevet av Cardinal, 31.05.2011 at 00:40

I mean that the moment, you began to loose, you cowardly leave, not only you afraid of counter measures, even if they are useless, but also you leave your opponent without his, well earned SP, and also You so afraid of "You Lost" message, that you even choose to loose half of your earned SP willingly.

So in conclusion, for me people, who leaves the fight are cowards, and I don't expect them to act as gentlemans in the future.

What?
Are you serious?
If I can see the game is hopeless, I won't fight for a tiny half extra sp and I will save time by going to another game. Really, does everyone have so much time in here?
Laster...
Laster...
31.05.2011 - 02:31
Skrevet av Aristosseur, 31.05.2011 at 02:16

What?
Are you serious?
If I can see the game is hopeless, I won't fight for a tiny half extra sp and I will save time by going to another game. Really, does everyone have so much time in here?

In that case - surrender like a man.
If you just join hopeless game - why join?
If you was there from a beginning - admit, that in this particular game you was not so good as others.
----
Very vicious moderator
Laster...
Laster...
31.05.2011 - 02:36
What?
If I join at start and I got alliacefags ganging up on me, obviously I stand no chance and I'm there is no indication I was worse, I am better for playing like a man and not allying everyone. You may be a mod, but you lack game experience.
Also, your english isn't fluent enough, where did I say I join hopeless games?
Sitat:
If you just join hopeless game - why join?

A game versus alliancespammers is hopeless, but I can't determine that from the beginning. So of course I will surrender so they will get even less sp to divide by 4 people, unless I can win by SP (happens in eurasia).
Laster...
Laster...
31.05.2011 - 02:47
Even with your perfect English, you seem completely misunderstood my 1st message.

There was a phrase, that can be translated as "if game is fair, and your opponents behave like gentlemans"
Of coase, noone will blame you if you left on 2nd turn, after everyone got allied, or you feel, there is a conspiration against you.

To be perfectly clear.
If game is good, and every1 fight with honor - surrender if you loose.
Not :
Player1 "You all f* f*s m*f*!"£$%^&*"
"Player1 left the game"
----
Very vicious moderator
Laster...
Laster...
31.05.2011 - 02:53
Skrevet av Cardinal, 31.05.2011 at 02:47

Even with your perfect English, you seem completely misunderstood my 1st message.

There was a phrase, that can be translated as "if game is fair, and your opponents behave like gentlemans"
Of coase, noone will blame you if you left on 2nd turn, after everyone got allied, or you feel, there is a conspiration against you.

To be perfectly clear.
If game is good, and every1 fight with honor - surrender if you loose.
Not :
Player1 "You all f* f*s m*f*!"£$%^&*"
"Player1 left the game"

You're referring to "Leave Game", not "Surrender". The topic is on surrendering. When you leave game, as far as I know, you get no SP. What you refer to is ragequit, I don't care about people who do it, it's just a way of leaving. If they surrender they keep half their already earned SP, if they keep fighting a lost war I get more SP they get some more divided by half, if they ragequit it's like a surrender for me except that they get no SP.
Laster...
Laster...
31.05.2011 - 02:56
This topic is not about "surrender" from a 2nd post actually
It's about surrender vs. leave for "pretty statistics"
----
Very vicious moderator
Laster...
Laster...
31.05.2011 - 02:57
The thing is I've only been mentioning surrender and you're replying to me, aren't you?
Laster...
Laster...
31.05.2011 - 04:01
More like Gardevoir... but in general, expressing my opinion on such way of playing
----
Very vicious moderator
Laster...
Laster...
31.05.2011 - 04:51
Skrevet av Cardinal, 31.05.2011 at 04:01

More like Gardevoir... but in general, expressing my opinion on such way of playing

You reply to Gardevoir, yet you quote me? Asking me questions directly?
Laster...
Laster...
31.05.2011 - 05:17
I believe he is referring to Gardevoir just up and leaving to protect and make his stats looks "pretty" rather than just surrendering.
----
Why fight the body when you can dominate the mind that rules it?
Laster...
Laster...
31.05.2011 - 05:43
 Sol.

totally agree
Laster...
Laster...
01.06.2011 - 20:36

To me, those that leave when they either A: Are fucked B: Have to go C: Get bored, are not cowards. Cowards are those who make cheap stacks of miltia and bombers and overrun everything you own. No, that's not strategy, strategy is planning where youll attack, who youll attack, and most importantly, what you do if the attack fails. Oh, and I must mention the little "C-o-w-a-r-d-s" youve written doesn't make you seem bigger, or badder. Just more annoying. Thank you g'day.
----
P.S. After reading your posts, I really realy find what you said hilarious. This is a game, not politics, im given the option to leave and I will. And if surredering is being a man than I guess most of the better players on here have only manned once this week. Maybe twice. Also, if you wish to make me notice your comments, might I say there is a button called "quote" which can easily notify me when youve done so? Because it seems whenever you try and say something to some one first swing you never quote.

And as others have said, sometimes you just have to leave. Lemme guess, your one of those guys who late rushes people for some bonus sp right? Or maybe your one of the guys who allys everyone as not to be killed by said late joiner? Either way, stop complaining about me having better stats because I decided my W/L streak is more important than an extra 34 sp.
Laster...
Laster...
02.06.2011 - 01:03
Skrevet av Garde, 01.06.2011 at 20:36

Ahtung! Quote!

An so I did.
Actually not quoting some1 is a way to keep topic clear and, actually, my answer was on topic not to you personally, also, if you wrote something and forgot about it.... why draw your attention back?
But anyway, this is your point of opinion, and I am not surprised about it, but I respect that (not opinion, but the fact you still hold it)
You saw my opinion, you can count, that it will not change in the future, as for the forums, leave them to decide, which way is better.

BUT if you fucked up, it means, that your brilliant strategy is fucked up (that strategy, you talk about) and you leaving as a coward, instead of surrender. Your 2nd and 3rd point is totally another matter, if you have to go - go, if you are bored - leave.

Also if you trying to "guess" - learn to think, as for your stats, or everyone elses, I don't give a shit about 'em, coz they mean little, especially in your case.

Anyway, seems, like word "coward" urge some people to write their part, explaining "why they are not one", very detailed explanation
----
Very vicious moderator
Laster...
Laster...
02.06.2011 - 05:17
In my opinion, SP is way more important than ny W/L ratio, and that's part of how the player act when he is losting too. People are talking about leaving, spamming alliances and latejoining.

Well, I never ally more then 3 players in the same game, and most of the time I tend to ally nobody, those who play with me know that. Also, I just leave games that were a total fail at the start and use the surrender button only if I really have to go and the game is like on the 40th week.

Even when losing I try to stay until the end in a game, that means sometimes fighting those 5 players who like to spam-alliances at the same time, but the results still very good.

And so...

Sitat:
200-400 A.D. War (34) +2108 2d ago
Whole World | 3k | 2 minutes (41) +1457 3d ago
Orange Soda (25) +1484 4d ago
Whole World | 10k | 2min (64) +3651 4d ago
westhamtilidie7's game (47) +1537 4d ago

SP is not that hard to make if your not worrying too much about W/L or don't quit a game at the very first problem you have.
----
"Whenever death may surprise us, let it be welcome if our battle cry has reached even one receptive ear and another hand reaches out to take up our arms".
Laster...
Laster...
02.06.2011 - 14:44
Skrevet av Cardinal, 02.06.2011 at 01:03

Skrevet av Garde, 01.06.2011 at 20:36

Ahtung! Quote!

An so I did.
Actually not quoting some1 is a way to keep topic clear and, actually, my answer was on topic not to you personally, also, if you wrote something and forgot about it.... why draw your attention back?
But anyway, this is your point of opinion, and I am not surprised about it, but I respect that (not opinion, but the fact you still hold it)
You saw my opinion, you can count, that it will not change in the future, as for the forums, leave them to decide, which way is better.

BUT if you fucked up, it means, that your brilliant strategy is fucked up (that strategy, you talk about) and you leaving as a coward, instead of surrender. Your 2nd and 3rd point is totally another matter, if you have to go - go, if you are bored - leave.

Also if you trying to "guess" - learn to think, as for your stats, or everyone elses, I don't give a shit about 'em, coz they mean little, especially in your case.

Anyway, seems, like word "coward" urge some people to write their part, explaining "why they are not one", very detailed explanation

Want me to describe a coward? Somone who late hoins next to you and steals everything you own. That's not fucked up strategy, thats being a dick, and it also seems alot of the higher ranked players on here do that alot- I have more respect for some rank 3's than the 3 highest ranks. If your going to continue to make your reputation worse for yourself, I suggest you use PM's to make your point, as Ive already heard many lolz about what youve said here- as thats why I came and looked.
Laster...
Laster...
02.06.2011 - 16:51
 Mofo
I agree with the original post, I'm tired of moving my troops halfway across Eurasia just to have the enemy surrender when I finally get to his territory, 1/4 SP makes sense to me
Laster...
Laster...
02.06.2011 - 16:52
Skrevet av Garde, 02.06.2011 at 14:44
Want me to describe a coward? Somone who late hoins next to you and steals everything you own. That's not fucked up strategy, thats being a dick, and it also seems alot of the higher ranked players on here do that alot-

I do that sometimes and I don't see why anyone should be considered a coward for doing that.

1) Options are set in the start of a game, and if you doesn't agree with the option to let late joining, you simply can leave the game before it even starts.

2) Late joiners are very easily avoided. There are just so many ways you can counter them that I won't even give myself the work of listening it in here, and if someone can't do at least one of those things that's not a fault of the late joiner.

In my opinion, cowards of Afterwind are those alliance spammers and I really love when they do that because it's so easy to slowly defeat one by one earning tons of SP at the end.

Skrevet av Mofo, 02.06.2011 at 16:51

I agree with the original post, I'm tired of moving my troops halfway across Eurasia just to have the enemy surrender when I finally get to his territory, 1/4 SP makes sense to me

Agreed.
----
"Whenever death may surprise us, let it be welcome if our battle cry has reached even one receptive ear and another hand reaches out to take up our arms".
Laster...
Laster...
03.06.2011 - 23:03
I fight to the bitter end. You will still have the chance to earn SP by attacking neutrals or enemies, and sometimes if you are lucky, your opponent has to leave and they surrender because it is taking way too long.

Cowards are not that bad. They are just not very brave. It is their play style.
Laster...
Laster...
atWar

About Us
Contact

Personvern | Vilkår for bruk | Bannere | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Følg oss på

Spre budskapet