Skaff Premium for å skjule alle annonser
20.04.2020 - 07:20
I know it has been sort of suggested before, but I strongly believe it would be very positive for AW if people were able to spend their protocoins on more than just advertising/promoting games/forums (and for the non-prems, on premium). It would make a good business for AW if we were able to transfer our protocoins to others, or atleast use the protocoins as some sort of 'buy-in' in games, such as duels/clanwars/worldgames.

Pro's:
1) People can play games to win Protocoins
Games like duels/Clan wars, or even just a big game with Protocoins as jackpot price. For example: everyone lays in 10 protocoins to participate > 30 player game > winner gets 300 protocoins as price.

2) People can sent eachother protocoins without mods/admins interfering
This will make it easier for the mods/admins, because they don't have to interfere with every small thing concerning the protocoins. For example: sending your friend 500 protocoins, so he can buy premium or reset his upgrades.

3) Protocoins will gain in value
Currently the Protocoins are usualy used for advertising games/forums or to buy some things in the Protoshop, but thats basically it. Most people really don't play for SP anymore, because after a certain rank you cannot buy anymore upgrades, so its kinda useless, therefore playing for Protocoins will make it more attractive for people, since they get a feeling that they are playing for something (other than elo).

4) Good business for Dave
Due to the fact that Protocoins will gain in value, this would also mean that more people will most likely spend some $$ on AW to buy Protocoins in order to participate in some games.

5) Mauzer Panteri will finally be happy
Ofcourse the most important pro is that Mauzer Panteri will be finally happy. We all know Mauzer is pushing for years to get some sort of betting-sytem in aw. This would basically make it possible for him to finally play for and with Protocoins.

Cons:
1) Scamming & Unsportsmanlike
Ofcourse its hard to rule out every shady method to scam people off their Protocoins, and this will probably make it easier. Although it could be possible to set up some groundrules when it comes to trading with Protocoins or using Protocoins in games. This is where mods/supporters could come in handy, they could monitor the games that include Protocoins as buy-in (perhaps like events or something) to make sure nothing bad happens.

2) Bad gaming atmosphere
There is a possibility that the game atmosphere will take a huge turn, and become a 'pay2play' kind of game. Meanining that everyone will only play games with a 'buy-in' and that those whom have no Protocoins will need to buy some Protocoins.

----

Skrevet av Guest14502, 11.10.2014 at 09:44

Waffel for mod 2015
Laster...
Laster...
20.04.2020 - 07:28
 Acquiesce (Mod)
Careful not to make the game pay2play, but on the whole strong agree. Players should be able to bet on the outcome of duels/CWs using coins. No admins or mods involved. You just send the request out like a duel and it can be accepted by another player. I would personally buy some protos to get a start on betting.
----
The church is near, but the road is icy... the bar is far away, but I will walk carefully...
Laster...
Laster...
20.04.2020 - 07:38
I thought i has been debated years ago and abandonned due to legal issues, betting money isn't allowed in every country or part of a restricted sector needing licences etc...

Would supposed to have things on which spend your PC on tbh, like customize your shield, your profile etc ...
----
Laster...
Laster...
20.04.2020 - 07:54
You guys kinda misunderstood the concept of it I think.

Its actually not about betting, it is using Protocoins as a buy in.

So for example:
I want to host a worldgame 30/30 with a buy in of 10 Protocoins. In order to participate on this game, you will have to lay in 10 of your Protocoins. At the end of the game the jackpot contains 300 protocoins, and the winner automatically gets the 300 protocoins (30x10) transfered to his account. The same thing could be done with SP or Elo honestly. Though I am pretty sure it would make Protocoins of better use.

For example the buy in button could look like this:

And the jackpot button like this:

So it fills according to the amount of people laying in.
----

Waffel for mod 2015
Laster...
Laster...
20.04.2020 - 08:03
If it's a buy in then it's fine

Still doesn't solve the question of what to do with PC
----
Laster...
Laster...
20.04.2020 - 08:16
Hello.
atVegas: everybody can put protocoins in secret pot before game starts, unseen by other players. Then the game proceeds as usual, but after the game is over with 50% probability the person who put the most protocoins in the pot wins the game, instead of the conventional winner.
Bonus points if all losers get banned for a month/their accs deleted and all their protocoins transferred to the winner
Laster...
Laster...
20.04.2020 - 08:16
Hello Waffel, thank you for supporting the game!
----
Laster...
Laster...
20.04.2020 - 10:24
I actually like the idea.
----
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
Laster...
Laster...
20.04.2020 - 12:27
 temp
Skrevet av Waffel, 20.04.2020 at 07:20

2) Bad gaming atmosphere
There is a possibility that the game atmosphere will take a huge turn, and become a 'pay2play' kind of game. Meanining that everyone will only play games with a 'buy-in' and that those whom have no Protocoins will need to buy some Protocoins.

We could just make it so only supporters or mods could host these type of games. So you wont have a massive number of players hosting 'pay2play' games
----

Laster...
Laster...
20.04.2020 - 12:53
Free pc transfer between players for 5% charge per transactions. Easy, everyone can be happy.
----

http://atwar-game.com/forum/topic.php?topic_id=14714&topicsearch=&page=
Laster...
Laster...
20.04.2020 - 14:58
Skrevet av Waffel, 20.04.2020 at 07:20

Pro's:
1) People can play games to win Protocoins
I have seen this in other games. You start out with a certain amount of currency and you slowly gain more although if you win you do gain some more currency. I didn't like that personally because I found myself not winning as a new player and would have to wait hours even days before I could play more games which is silly because that takes away from people that have nothing else to do except play games. I don't want to have to pay money to play that doesnt sound fun especially for atwar.

2) People can sent eachother protocoins without mods/admins interfering
There is going to be a LOT of hyper inflation with protocoins if we are able to send money to our friends. Basically all our bigger accounts will constantly be winning games and we will have too much to go around. I think people people wouldn't spend more money they would actually spend less because I could just give me new rank 5 friend John Doe 500 protocoins so he doesnt run out. Dave loses money

3) Protocoins will gain in value
I always thought that protocoins should be able to actually buy strategies. Along with SP that way if people are too lazy to play 500 games to get to rank 10 they will just be able to spend money for upgrades and this will help Dave with money too.

4) Good business for Dave
I already sort of went over the fact that it will actually make Dave lose money because no one will be buying more protocoins when you can just give them to people who don't have them.

5) Mauzer Panteri will finally be happy
Maybe we could give Mauzer some fake money like little chocolates in the shape of coins this way he can do with them as he pleases

Cons:
1) Scamming & Unsportsmanlike
There's definitely going to be scamming going on. And there simply isn't a good system in place yet in order to monitor every game to find out whos cheating.

2) Bad gaming atmosphere
Yea I went over this in the first paragraph. I would hate to have to run out of currency in a game I like to play a lot in. Because most of the time people would just go play something else instead of paying money and constantly lose just to play a game. Doesn't seem realistic to me.

I do like some of the system but I think protocoins wouldn't be the way to go. I personally think SP would be a much better betting system because we currently have rankings on who has the most SP, so if people started betting and winning or losing a lot of people are going to skyrocket in SP or fall in SP which would be really neat to see. I'd love to see Waffel as a rank 15 finally where he should be instead of rank 9 xaxa.
----
Laster...
Laster...
21.04.2020 - 06:06
I agree with the concept. I also suggested same kind of thing couple of years back. But there are two problems in this:
Game will become pay2play:
What will happen if the person don't have any protocoins. Not everyone is ready to spend money on online games. And also everyone doesn't live in country where credit card and all these things are normal.
Allyfagging:
Allyfagging and betting can't be in same game. Now when a pro player loses the game against allyfags he just feel I little upset that he can't get the sp but when players will start losing pc even after playing good they will go too angry and they may leave playing AW.
Laster...
Laster...
21.04.2020 - 06:43
Skrevet av pakistani tiger, 21.04.2020 at 06:06

I agree with the concept. I also suggested same kind of thing couple of years back. But there are two problems in this:
Game will become pay2play:
What will happen if the person don't have any protocoins. Not everyone is ready to spend money on online games. And also everyone doesn't live in country where credit card and all these things are normal.

You are right, I also thought of that as a problem, though, I didn't mean for this to take over all the 'normal' games, just as something extra. So the normal games just stay the same, but people that feel like they want to play for more than just elo and sp, could make a game with Protocoins as 'buy-in'.

So it could be something like duels, where two persons put in, for example 15 Protocoins, and the winner of the duel gets the jackpot.

Like I mentioned, this could be done with elo and SP as well, so not only based on Protocoins, though, I just thought it would make Protocoins of more use.

Skrevet av pakistani tiger, 21.04.2020 at 06:06

Allyfagging:
Allyfagging and betting can't be in same game. Now when a pro player loses the game against allyfags he just feel I little upset that he can't get the sp but when players will start losing pc even after playing good they will go too angry and they may leave playing AW.

You are right, and in my opinion this setting would probably work the best in a FFA environment, therefore only being able to use Protocoins as 'buy-in' if the settings are FFA or 1v1/duels. Exception on this rule could be ofcourse clanwarring.
----

Waffel for mod 2015
Laster...
Laster...
21.04.2020 - 11:20
Skrevet av Kaska, 20.04.2020 at 07:38

I thought i has been debated years ago and abandonned due to legal issues, betting money isn't allowed in every country or part of a restricted sector needing licences etc...

Would supposed to have things on which spend your PC on tbh, like customize your shield, your profile etc ...

As its an ingame currency this mitigates a lot of the legal factors as the in-game currency cannot be transferred or sold for real currency therefore most gambling laws are not applicable. In essence the fact that tournament protocoin rewards exist would also mean that it it prohibited.

A collective prize fund is not really gambling, although it would be better for a player to simply host their own pc drops and take protocoin payments by means of transfer from other players and invited privately, so any transactions are of the players own accord.
----
intelligence + imagination = extraordinary result
Laster...
Laster...
atWar

About Us
Contact

Personvern | Vilkår for bruk | Bannere | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Følg oss på

Spre budskapet