Skaff Premium for å skjule alle annonser

Det orginale innlegget

Postet av Dave, 14.10.2020 - 05:52

Clovis has decided to retire as an admin and programmer on atWar.

Clovis first joined atWar in 2012, making him one of the increasingly few players who have remained active all the way from the Afterwind days to now.

In 2014 Ivan promoted Clovis to the Supporter Team, and in 2018 Amok and Ivan chose him to be admin, programmer, and essentially their liaison to the community. 2018 may have been the lowest point in atWar history, and this was a big position for Clovis to fill. As I understand it, it was largely Clovis alone who kept the game alive and functioning throughout 2018.

Clearly Amok & Ivan had a lot of trust in Clovis, and so do I. When I first arrived, Amok made a point to tell me how good a guy Clovis was, and that I should get to know him. I followed that advice. Clovis was the first person in the AW community I talked with face-to-face (well via Skype, anyway). As I've gotten to know him, I've found him to be an incredibly nice guy, with a good heart, who cares very much about the success and future of atWar.

I've told Clovis privately, but I think he won't mind if I say it publicly... that he is honestly a better programmer than me! I'm just an old, cranky programmer who's set in my ways. Clovis on the other hand has so much positive energy, loves to try new things, and I have no doubt these qualities will carry him far in his career.

I will leave it up to him to give the reasons for his decision, or not, it's up to him if he wants to do that. I will just say that the decision was his alone, and there are no hard feelings from either side. In fact I think (and hope) he will continue to be a positive voice in the atWar community for many years to come.

On behalf of the atWar community, thank you to Clovis for all you have done to keep this quirky game we all love alive. And from me personally, it's been a real privilege getting to know you. (I think you've heard me say before... there are a lot of terrible people in the world, so when you find a truly good person, you should treasure them!)

Best wishes,
Dave
18.10.2020 - 11:25
Skrevet av Daisy91old, 18.10.2020 at 10:55

I got some free time

Add neutral player back in scenario editor.
Laster...
Laster...
18.10.2020 - 12:07
Skrevet av Estus, 18.10.2020 at 11:25

I got some free time

As soon as I get access to the map editor's proper part of source code, it'll be my first thing to do.

Anyway I'm not god itself or something, Dave can still do it himself just be patient i guess .
----

Laster...
Laster...
19.10.2020 - 00:44
 Dave (Admin)

Hey Dave

I assume you dislike this topic but if you need a third hand after clovis' retirement, I got some free time

I appreciate the offer but as I've said before, there will not be any new coders added to the project anytime in the foreseeable future.
----
All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer,
but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved.
--Sun Tzu

Laster...
Laster...
19.10.2020 - 00:45
 Dave (Admin)
Skrevet av Estus, 18.10.2020 at 11:25

This was already done, about a month ago.
----
All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer,
but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved.
--Sun Tzu

Laster...
Laster...
19.10.2020 - 07:10
Skrevet av Dave, 19.10.2020 at 00:45

And really, it's there. God bless you.

Next step is 40 players in scenario to follow player limit. I know it's unlikely to fill, but still.

I should not have made almost 4 maps in August I guess, just before this change
----

Laster...
Laster...
19.10.2020 - 10:08
Skrevet av Dave, 19.10.2020 at 00:45

WOOOOOOOOOWW!!!
I didnt noticed! This will change everything!
Laster...
Laster...
20.10.2020 - 12:36

Buen viaje, amigo.
----
Laster...
Laster...
21.10.2020 - 00:16
Message deleted by Croat. Reason: Please, use English language in public forums
Laster...
Laster...
22.10.2020 - 16:12
Message deleted by Sid. Reason: Not appropriate.
Laster...
Laster...
24.10.2020 - 07:37
Message deleted by Dave. Reason: This post is about thanking Clovis... it's not a platform for insulting moderators.
Laster...
Laster...
24.10.2020 - 13:10
Message deleted by Dave. Reason: This post is about thanking Clovis... it's not a platform for insulting moderators.
Laster...
Laster...
atWar

About Us
Contact

Personvern | Vilkår for bruk | Bannere | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Følg oss på

Spre budskapet