Skaff Premium for å skjule alle annonser
14.10.2020 - 20:30
Thanks to Dave for fixing my earlier bug that gave me access to work on my map again .. so now I am gonna get greedy and ask for another fix

I am creating another bug report cuz the other similar one was from a year ago and didnt follow bug report format (https://atwar-game.com/forum/topic.php?topic_id=40370)

Bug Report
Expected behavior
When I host a game of my map (New York City), I expect borders to show normally and correctly like in the map editor

Actual behavior
When I host a game of my map, borders disappear when i zoom out and when I move around the map .. I have to zoom out and in to get the borders back!

Here is a demonstration ---> https://imgur.com/mPKgOqG

Steps to reproduce the behavior
I hosted a casual game that is currently running and you can easily reproduce the behavior described ( https://atwar-game.com/games/?link=9787147517 )

Information:
Browser: Google Chrome (but same happens on other browsers)

Browser version: 86.0.4240.75

Any other relevant information:

Map name: "New York City" ---> https://atwar-game.com/forum/topic.php?topic_id=45202

Worth to note that borders are completely fine on map editor .. they are always present whether zoomed in and out

The feedback i received from some experienced map makers is that the borders are there but the way the server uploads the code is by putting the background image on top of the borders rather then the other way around, so to change the load order I have to reupload the background image .. now here is where the second problem arises; The editor wont let me reupload the background image as it disconnects due to inactivity before its done reuploading possibly due to high number of countries (over 300) and therefore too many borders .. so I was wondering if we can somehow double the server timeout ping time .. I dont really know much about coding and how this stuff works, but I am willing to share my background image file with anyone who can try to reupload it for me .. would mean a lot if this is fixed so that i can proceed with my other plans on this map

Thanks again
----
Meso
Laster...
Laster...
14.10.2020 - 22:09
 Dave (Admin)
I'm aware of this, but so far I have absolutely no idea what's causing it. I'll leave this post open, but it will be a while before I get around to it. Especially since it doesn't prevent playing the map, it's not a high priority at the moment. (Not trying to discourage you... just being honest, and asking you to be patient on this one...)
----
All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer,
but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved.
--Sun Tzu

Laster...
Laster...
14.10.2020 - 22:13
No worries, I understand .. its not urgent indeed
----
Meso
Laster...
Laster...
01.12.2020 - 12:49
Skrevet av Dave, 14.10.2020 at 22:09

I'm aware of this, but so far I have absolutely no idea what's causing it. I'll leave this post open, but it will be a while before I get around to it. Especially since it doesn't prevent playing the map, it's not a high priority at the moment. (Not trying to discourage you... just being honest, and asking you to be patient on this one...)

you can close this thread .. I fixed it
----
Meso
Laster...
Laster...
03.12.2020 - 17:54
Skrevet av Mesopotamia, 14.10.2020 at 20:30

I am willing to share my background image file with anyone who can try to reupload it for me .. would mean a lot if this is fixed so that i can proceed with my other plans on this map

Thanks again

I could try to upload it. Best regards.
Laster...
Laster...
03.12.2020 - 19:33
Skrevet av alc16, 03.12.2020 at 17:54

I could try to upload it. Best regards.

fixed now .. thanks buddy
----
Meso
Laster...
Laster...
03.12.2020 - 23:07
 Dave (Admin)
Skrevet av Mesopotamia, 01.12.2020 at 12:49

Skrevet av Dave, 14.10.2020 at 22:09

you can close this thread .. I fixed it

What was the solution? (Just so I know for future reference...)
----
--Sun Tzu

Laster...
Laster...
03.12.2020 - 23:29
Skrevet av Dave, 03.12.2020 at 23:07

What was the solution? (Just so I know for future reference...)

I changed the borders' colors/opacity/thickness .. then saved few times cuz it was not letting me save once as the server times out .. but I noticed that if you keep saving (as long as as u keep tab open and dont refresh) it kinda saves from where it left off: first save was up to about 30% then it timed out and reconnected .. second save started from ~30% .. third started from ~70% .. fourth save went to 100%

then I changed the borders back to previous settings and did the same thing

I hope I made some sense lol .. I was trying many things the past couple weeks .. and was happy it got fixed

this multiple times saving procedure works even for reuplaoding map background image when it times out for big maps .. maybe I will make a vid/gif to explain it better .. cuz I havent seen it mentioned anywhere
----
Meso
Laster...
Laster...
04.12.2020 - 01:01
 Dave (Admin)
Skrevet av Mesopotamia, 03.12.2020 at 23:29

I changed the borders' colors/opacity/thickness .. then saved few times cuz it was not letting me save once as the server times out .. but I noticed that if you keep saving (as long as as u keep tab open and dont refresh) it kinda saves from where it left off: first save was up to about 30% then it timed out and reconnected .. second save started from ~30% .. third started from ~70% .. fourth save went to 100%

then I changed the borders back to previous settings and did the same thing

I hope I made some sense lol .. I was trying many things the past couple weeks .. and was happy it got fixed

this multiple times saving procedure works even for reuplaoding map background image when it times out for big maps .. maybe I will make a vid/gif to explain it better .. cuz I havent seen it mentioned anywhere

Hmm, ok. Thanks for sharing
----
--Sun Tzu

Laster...
Laster...
atWar

About Us
Contact

Personvern | Vilkår for bruk | Bannere | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Følg oss på

Spre budskapet