Skaff Premium for å skjule alle annonser
04.12.2020 - 23:21
 Witch-Doctor (Mod)
I pitched this idea back when we still had Amok and he said it wasn't possible to code. Maybe Dave is able to find some way to make this work.

My idea was to create a new building called a Transport Hub.

This building costs 500 and what it does is it increases the range of all units garrisoned in the city it is built in by +2 the next turn. At the start of the turn, all units in a city with this building gets +2 range. I think this would be a really useful building, especially in lategames where you have to chain and transport units across the world to the front lines. It is by no means overpowered since it costs quite a bit to build so you only want to build it in key cities (most likely important ports) where you would gather up lots of units.
Laster...
Laster...
05.12.2020 - 07:15
I like the idea, I suggested something quite similar in early 2019, but considering a price higher than 500.

Laster...
Laster...
06.12.2020 - 11:59
Hmmm

Like a weird, super local air transport?

Estus' idea is probably better -- gives things more range when leaving a city. That could be used to chain many cities nearby together with enough resources.
----
Toast makes me very sad.
Laster...
Laster...
06.12.2020 - 15:55
 Witch-Doctor (Mod)
Skrevet av TriusMalarky, 06.12.2020 at 11:59

Hmmm

Estus' idea is probably better -- gives things more range when leaving a city. That could be used to chain many cities nearby together with enough resources.

I think it would be too overpowered if a unit got 2 range the second it entered the city. It needs to stay in the city until the next turn to get the extra range. Also by doing it that way, it encourages people to put units into cities rather than leaving them outside whenever possible. Right now, there's no advantage to leaving units inside a city if the city doesnt need to be defended.
Laster...
Laster...
07.12.2020 - 09:25
Skrevet av Witch-Doctor, 06.12.2020 at 15:55

Skrevet av TriusMalarky, 06.12.2020 at 11:59

Hmmm

I think it would be too overpowered if a unit got 2 range the second it entered the city. It needs to stay in the city until the next turn to get the extra range. Also by doing it that way, it encourages people to put units into cities rather than leaving them outside whenever possible. Right now, there's no advantage to leaving units inside a city if the city doesnt need to be defended.

That and, if you have 2 cities close enough to each other, you can start a loop of infinite range. Then, in casual games, you'd have some random guy in the middle of Europe capping India t1.

Oh wait nvm it works with 1 city. Just move the unit out a tiny bit, then pop em back in.
----
Toast makes me very sad.
Laster...
Laster...
atWar

About Us
Contact

Personvern | Vilkår for bruk | Bannere | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Følg oss på

Spre budskapet